Fresh Mozzarella Sandwiches for 2 Recipe
We love this fast, fresh sandwich, especially when it's too warm to turn on the oven to make dinner. I pair it with a fruity white wine and pasta salad or fancy potato chips. We often add avocado to the sandwiches and in the summer, use fresh Walla Walla onions. - Stacey Johnson Tacoma, Washington
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons wasabi mayonnaise
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 thin slices sweet onion
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Spread toast with mayonnaise. On two slices, layer the cheese, tomatoes, onion and basil; top with remaining toast. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Mozzarella Sandwiches for 2 in Taste of Home
Reviews for Fresh Mozzarella Sandwiches for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 12, 2009
This is the same recipe that we use to make panani sandwiches (except we use regular mayo). We add a bit of basalmic glaze to it and toast it up. Very good.