We love this fast, fresh sandwich, especially when it's too warm to turn on the oven to make dinner. I like to pair it with a fruity white wine and pasta salad or fancy potato chips. We often add avocado to the sandwiches and in the summer, use fresh Walla Walla onions. —Stacey Johnson, Tacoma, Washington
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 thin slices sweet onion
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Spread toast with mayonnaise. On four slices, layer cheese, tomatoes, onion and basil; top with remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Mozzarella Sandwiches in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p36
Reviews for Fresh Mozzarella Basil Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2010
"I had trouble finding "wasabi mayo", so I used some horseradish spread, and it was way too hot for us. Next time, I'll just use plain mayo. Otherwise, with yummy summer tomatoes, a great combo."