Fresh Mozzarella Basil Sandwiches Recipe
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 thin slices sweet onion
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1. Spread toast with mayonnaise. On four slices, layer cheese, tomatoes, onion and basil; top with remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 466 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Mozzarella Basil Sandwiches
"I had trouble finding "wasabi mayo", so I used some horseradish spread, and it was way too hot for us. Next time, I'll just use plain mayo. Otherwise, with yummy summer tomatoes, a great combo."