Fresh Mozzarella Basil Sandwiches Recipe
We love this fast, fresh sandwich, especially when it's too warm to turn on the oven to make dinner. I like to pair it with a fruity white wine and pasta salad or fancy potato chips. We often add avocado to the sandwiches and in the summer, use fresh Walla Walla onions. —Stacey Johnson, Tacoma, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 thin slices sweet onion
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1. Spread toast with mayonnaise. On four slices, layer with cheese, tomatoes, onion and basil; top with remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 466 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC