Fresh Mozzarella Basil Sandwiches Recipe
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 thin slices sweet onion
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1. Spread toast with mayonnaise. On four slices, layer cheese, tomatoes, onion and basil; top with remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 466 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Mozzarella Basil Sandwiches
"I loved these sandwiches. By the way, Kroger sells the Wasabi Mayo in the Asian food section."
"I had trouble finding "wasabi mayo", so I used some horseradish spread, and it was way too hot for us. Next time, I'll just use plain mayo. Otherwise, with yummy summer tomatoes, a great combo."