We love this fast, fresh sandwich, especially when it's too warm to turn on the oven to make dinner. I like to pair it with a fruity white wine and pasta salad or fancy potato chips. We often add avocado to the sandwiches and in the summer, use fresh Walla Walla onions. —Stacey Johnson, Tacoma, Washington
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 thin slices sweet onion
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Spread toast with mayonnaise. On four slices, layer cheese, tomatoes, onion and basil; top with remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Mozzarella Sandwiches in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p36
Reviews for Fresh Mozzarella Basil Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2010
"I had trouble finding "wasabi mayo", so I used some horseradish spread, and it was way too hot for us. Next time, I'll just use plain mayo. Otherwise, with yummy summer tomatoes, a great combo."