Fresh Mozzarella & Tomato Salad Recipe
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls, drained
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cheese, basil, parsley and mint; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Just before serving, stir in avocados. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Mozzarella & Tomato Salad(11)
Sort By :
This is a delicious salad and I loved it. My kids were home this weekend and they loved the added avocado!
Very refreshing! I used cherry tomatoes instead of plum and right before I served it I sprinkled pine nuts on top....
I did not use the fresh mozzarella cheese pearls; I used 8 ounces of block cheese. I added more tomatoes and used one avocado; no mint. I liked it. My family wasn't crazy about this, but I sort of expected that...not really their style. However, I liked it and am looking forward to taking it to lunch tomorrow.
I haven't tried this, but it sounds very good so gave it good ratings. I wanted to chip in my 2cents here and add that I make something very similar, but instead of making my own marinade, I cheat and use Kraft Italian Pesto dressing & marinade and we love it! There may be other Italian Pesto dressings out there, but this is the one I like and I can find it here and there. I've had to search at times, but it's worth it. I've also just used the Italian Vinegarette and it's also very good. It was mentioned that the dressing is a little bland, but I don't think you'll find it so with either of these pre-mades. It's also much faster!
OMW!!!!!! What a great salad.