A splash of lemon and hint of refreshing mint brighten up the medley of red tomatoes, creamy mozzarella and ripe avocados in this colorful, sensational salad. —Lynn Scully, Rancho Santa Fe, California
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls, drained
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cheese, basil, parsley and mint; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Just before serving, stir in avocados. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Mozzarella & Tomato Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p35
Reviews for Fresh Mozzarella & Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review