Fresh Mint & Grapefruit Sorbet
With a smooth, velvety texture, this pretty pink sorbet is a pleasant finish to special occasion meals. Mint beautifully balances the tartness of grapefruit.—Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, water and mint to a boil. Reduce
- heat to low; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10
- minutes. Strain and discard mint leaves. Stir in grapefruit juice.
- Allow mixture to cool completely.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according
- to manufacturer's directions.(Refrigerate remaining mixture until
- ready to freeze.) Transfer sorbet to a freezer container, allowing
- headspace for expansion. Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Repeat with
- remaining sorbet mixture. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 162 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.