- 3 large carrots, finely chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 15 medium tomatoes (about 6 pounds), peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 cups cooked penne or bow tie pasta
- In a Dutch oven, saute the carrots, onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until thickened and reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Serve with pasta. Yield: 7 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Fresh Marinara Sauce
Sort By :
"This was good. The flavor was even better the next day! I love all the fresh ingredients. I actually threw everything in the food processor then straight into the pan and just cooked everything together due to lack of time and it still turned out good."
"Delicious! I added about a cup of pureed sweet potato for extra vitamins. My whole family likes it!"
"Very good but carrot flavor was a little too strong. Next time I would add only 1-2 carrots."
"Added green and red pepper, then blended. Super super yummy. Worth the effort."