Fresh Marinara Sauce Recipe
- 3 large carrots, finely chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 15 medium tomatoes (about 6 pounds), peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 cups cooked penne or bow tie pasta
- In a Dutch oven, saute the carrots, onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until thickened and reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Serve with pasta. Yield: 7 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Fresh Marinara Sauce(3)
Sort By :
Delicious! I added about a cup of pureed sweet potato for extra vitamins. My whole family likes it!
Very good but carrot flavor was a little too strong. Next time I would add only 1-2 carrots.
Added green and red pepper, then blended. Super super yummy. Worth the effort.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >