Fresh Lime Margaritas
This basic margarita recipe is easy to modify to your tastes...try it frozen or with strawberries! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 lime wedges
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1-1/3 cups crushed ice
- Using lime wedges, moisten rims of four glasses. Holding each glass
- upside down, dip rim into salt; set aside.
- In a pitcher, combine the tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, lemon
- juice and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Serve in prepared
- glasses over crushed ice. Yield: 4 servings.
For Frozen Lime Margaritas: Reduce lemon and lime juices to 2 tablespoons each. Increase the superfine sugar to 1/4 cup and the crushed ice to 4 cups. Add 3/4 cup limeade concentrate.
Prepare glasses as directed. In a blender, combine the tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, lemon juice, limeade concentrate, superfine sugar and crushed ice; cover and process until smooth. Yield: 5 cups.
For Frozen Strawberry Margaritas: Follow directions for Frozen Lime Margaritas, except reduce crushed ice to 2 cups and add 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries. Yield: 4 cups.