Fresh Lettuce Salad
I've relied on this recipe for years. I first prepared it for a ladies' luncheon where it was met with raves.—Ruth Peterson, Jenison, Michigan
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 4 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 8 cups torn romaine
- In a large salad bowl, whisk oil, orange juice, vinegar, rosemary,
- salt and pepper. Cut onion into thin slices, then into 1-in. pieces;
- add to dressing. Add oranges and romaine; toss gently. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 123 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.