This rub is a combination of many different recipe. Not only you can use as a rub for meat but also it tastes wonderful on summer squash.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Featured In: 22 Ways to Eat Corn on the Cob This Summer
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cayenne pepper to taste, optional
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Rub over chicken, salmon steaks (about 1 tablespoon for each serving) or sprinkle over lightly oiled vegetables (such as summer squash, onions and sweet red peppers). Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Grill or broil as desired. Yield: about 1/3 cup.
Originally published as Fresh Herb Rub in Birds & Blooms June/July 1996, p55
Reviews for Fresh Herb Rub
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review