Fresh Herb Flatbread Recipe
“Since I grow so many herbs, I always look for opportunities to use them in all my cooking. This recipe uses two of my favorites, but it's also delicious with other combinations. Try thyme and marjoram or oregano and basil.” - Bev Credle of Hampton, Virginia
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Unroll crescent dough and separate into two rectangles. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into a 10-in. x 7-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations.
- 2. Place one rectangle on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle basil and rosemary to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with remaining dough; pinch edges to seal. Brush with egg; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake at 375° 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Fresh Herb Flatbread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC