Fresh Herb Flatbread Recipe
“Since I grow so many herbs, I always look for opportunities to use them in all my cooking. This recipe uses two of my favorites, but it's also delicious with other combinations. Try thyme and marjoram or oregano and basil.” - Bev Credle of Hampton, Virginia
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into two rectangles. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into a 10-in. x 7-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations.
- Place one rectangle on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle basil and rosemary to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with remaining dough; pinch edges to seal. Brush with egg; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375° 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Herb Flat Bread in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p46
Reviews for Fresh Herb Flatbread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review