Fresh Heirloom Tomato Salad
This tomato salad is a summertime must. The standout dressing takes these tasty ingredients to a brand-new level. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the oil,
- vinegar, mustard, garlic, sugar and oregano. Pour over salad greens;
- toss to coat. Transfer to a large platter. Arrange tomato slices
- over greens. Top with basil, pine nuts, onion and cheese. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 74 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.