- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, sugar and oregano until blended. Pour over salad greens; toss to coat. Transfer to a large platter. Arrange tomato slices over greens. Top with basil, pine nuts, onion and cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Heirloom Tomato Salad
Sort By :
"I am a TOH field editor and have made this recipe so many times!!!! It is absolutely delicious and so quick and easy! In the summer when I have fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, I use this dressing over it and toss in some cubes of mozzarella cheese! So many uses for this dressing!"
"I made this for dinner last night and we all loved it. The dressing was delicious."
"This my favorite way to serve vine ripened tomatoes..We also use fresh mozzarella cheese. Yum!"
"I have already made it three times for guests and everyone raved about it. Thank you!!!"