- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, sugar and oregano. Pour over salad greens; toss to coat. Transfer to a large platter. Arrange tomato slices over greens. Top with basil, pine nuts, onion and cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Heirloom Tomato Salad
Sort By :
I am a TOH field editor and have made this recipe so many times!!!! It is absolutely delicious and so quick and easy! In the summer when I have fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, I use this dressing over it and toss in some cubes of mozzarella cheese! So many uses for this dressing!
I made this for dinner last night and we all loved it. The dressing was delicious.
This my favorite way to serve vine ripened tomatoes..We also use fresh mozzarella cheese. Yum!
I have already made it three times for guests and everyone raved about it. Thank you!!!