Fresh Green Beans with Mushrooms
I made this satisfying side dish often when I was single. Now I prepare it for my family. By adding fresh mushrooms, onion, butter and a little pepper, you can easily dress up ordinary green beans.—Denise Albers, Freeburg, Illinois
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, cook beans in water for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add mushrooms;
- cook and stir for 1 minute. Drain beans; add the mushroom mixture
- and pepper. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with margarine) equals 1-1/2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat; also, 105 calories, 96 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 9 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 8 gm fat.