- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 pounds fresh green beans
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 45-60 seconds or until golden. Using a slotted spoon, remove garlic from pan; reserve. Add green beans to pan; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or just until beans are tender and broth is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally. Stir in reserved garlic. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Green Beans & Garlic
Sort By :
Love the flavor! Fresh green beans are delicious, and this recipe made them even better.
Family loved this recipe. Will be making this again. Loved the garlic taste to the beans.
Excellent and easy. My kind of recipe. I did double the broth and the cooking/simmering time.
The garlic adds a nice depth of flavor and I like the idea of cooking the beans in broth rather than water. I reduced the recipe by half for just the two of us, added some pine nuts which we love with green beans. As a volunteer field editor my only comment is that they don't need to cook until all the broth evaporates.. just until tender crisp.
Winner, winner! I used Smart Balance margarine instead of butter and oil and made 1/2 a recipe. I steamed the beans earlier in the day to make it easier for me, and I sauteed the beans in the "sauce" as the meat I was serving rested. Fantastic! I never thought to add browned garlic to green beans. This is definitely a great way to enjoy them.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Diabetic Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Side Dishes >
- Vegetable Side Dishes >