Fresh Green Bean Salad Recipe
I had a green bean salad at a local deli and enjoyed it so much, I tried to re-create it at home. The result was yummy! It lasts for several days in the fridge, and the taste keeps getting better.
- 4 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots and parsley. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Fresh Green Bean Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Reviews for Fresh Green Bean Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review