- 4 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Fresh Green Bean Salad
Sort By :
"I really enjoyed these green beans; however, 4 minutes was too long to blanch the beans. I would have preferred them to be crunchier to match the salads counterparts. Other than that, this was a delicious side dish!"
"I did not like the dressing, added Good Seasoning packet & Italian dressing to get it kicked up a notch. It was way too vinegary, mustardy for our tastes. I also added orzo, feta. I will not be making this again."
"Had very little flavor. Too much lemon."
"This is excellent with all fresh garden vegys. It could use a little less lemon in the dressing and more flavor but was delicious as it was. I sliced a boiled egg beside it and drizzled some dressing on it. Very good!"
"very good with garden beans"