- 4 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Fresh Green Bean Salad
"I substituted rice wine vinegar for the white wine vinegar, it was what I had on hand. Dried parsley for the fresh. I found the vinaigrette a little tart, so I added about a teaspoon of honey. It went perfectly with some grilled chicken. Crunchy, bright and refreshing."
"I really enjoyed these green beans; however, 4 minutes was too long to blanch the beans. I would have preferred them to be crunchier to match the salads counterparts. Other than that, this was a delicious side dish!"
"I did not like the dressing, added Good Seasoning packet & Italian dressing to get it kicked up a notch. It was way too vinegary, mustardy for our tastes. I also added orzo, feta. I will not be making this again."
"Had very little flavor. Too much lemon."
"This is excellent with all fresh garden vegys. It could use a little less lemon in the dressing and more flavor but was delicious as it was. I sliced a boiled egg beside it and drizzled some dressing on it. Very good!"
"very good with garden beans"
"LOVED THE SALAD AND USED OUR HOMEGROWN GREEN BEANS!"
"I used rice wine vinegar to give it a slight sweet taste."
"A very healthy salad but the vinaigrette needed more flavor."
"This is always a great recipe; one can add feta, fresh corn, 1/2 slices of pepperoni, leftover whatever! A keeper! In a hurry? Use bottled salad dressing."