Fresh Green Bean Salad Recipe
I had a green bean salad at a local deli and enjoyed it so much, I tried to re-create it at home. The result was yummy! It lasts for several days in the fridge, and the taste keeps getting better.
- 4 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots and parsley. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Fresh Green Bean Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p99
Reviews for Fresh Green Bean Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review