Fresh Green Bean Medley Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the red pepper, onions and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain beans; stir into vegetable mixture. Add the vinegar, basil, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup equals 59 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Fresh Green Bean Medley
"This recipe is a keeper! Rave reviews from my dinner guests. I omitted the vinegar (my husband thinks all vinegars are kryptonite) and added 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano and a scant tablespoon of dried parsley. This was easy to do for guests. I set everything up ahead of time by chopping the veggies into the skillet and measuring the seasonings in a separate prep bowl. Then it was just a quick job at the stove putting it together just before serving."
"This is simple and delicious. It was a nice change over my old stand-by, green beans almandine. Once the red pepper and onion is cut up, this dish is very quick to throw together. I brought it to a potluck that had lamb as a main dish and dinner guests gave it a thumbs up."
"Very tasty, and pretty easy too. Paired it with Turkey Scallopini from Healthy Cooking, and it was delicious! A keeper...I love new side dish recipes."
"This is delicious! I didn't make any modifications. I also thought it looked great presentation wise. I can't wait to make it for dinner guests or for the holidays."