Fresh Grape Broccoli Salad
Field editor Lavonne Hartel of Williston, North Dakota chuckles as she relates, “Our nephew recently told me this salad is his favorite, but the first time he ate it at my house, he thought I was cleaning out the refrigerator!“
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large salad bowl, combine the broccoli, onions, celery and
- grapes. In another bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar;
- pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate
- until serving. Stir in bacon and almonds just before serving. Yield:
- 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 221 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.