Fresh Glazed Raspberry Pie Recipe
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 7-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, crush 1 cup of berries. Add water; simmer for 3 minutes. Strain, reserving juice; discard pulp and seeds. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup liquid. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Slowly stir in raspberry liquid. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 2. Place remaining raspberries in pastry shell; pour glaze over top. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or unto set. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 232 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Fresh Glazed Raspberry Pie
"I usually do not like fruit pie's but when my husband made this pie the first time, I tried it and instantly fell in Love. I have never tasted something so amazing. When he makes this pie we cut it into 4 pieces and its done! We will continue to make this pie for many, many years to come. My entire family loves this pie. (There are 4 of us in the family)"
"This was a real good recipe-you get the true flavor of fresh raspberries-my 8 year old picked the berries and then made this pie-it was the best pie I've had in a long time"
"I have made this for a couple of years now. My kids love it and so does anyone who tries it! The only thing I do different is to use an oat pie crust. Mmmmm."
"I used a chocolate store-bought pie crust which was really good, but screwed up and used 7 1/2 T instead of teaspoons of cornstarch. I am sure it will be much better next time. I am so glad to replace my recipe which called for jello with this excellent recipeAmy from Pittsburgh"
"This Pie is easy and very tasty. I use Splenda instead of sugar so that everyone can enjoy it. It disappears quickly every time it is made."
"I HAVE MADE THIS PIE SEVERAL TIMES AND GET RAVE REVIEWS. WE GROW OUR OWN RASPBERRIES. THIS A BEAUTIFUL PIE. MY GRAND CHILDREN LOVE IT"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.