Fresh Glazed Raspberry Pie
In Richmond, British Columbia, Ruth Andersson piles fresh berries in a pastry crust, then dresses them up with an easy glaze and whipped cream. "It's the best fresh fruit pie I have ever tasted," she assures.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 7-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, crush 1 cup of berries. Add water; simmer for 3
- minutes. Strain, reserving juice; discard pulp and seeds. Add enough
- water to juice to measure 1 cup liquid. In a large saucepan, combine
- the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Slowly stir in raspberry liquid.
- bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Place remaining raspberries in pastry shell; pour glaze over top.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or unto set. Serve with whipped cream if
- desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 232 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white