Fresh Ginger Carrot Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1. Drain crushed pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. In a bowl, combine the pineapple, carrots, raisins, coconut and walnuts. Combine the yogurt, ginger and reserved pineapple juice. Pour dressing over carrot mixture; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 286 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat-free milk.