Kim Wenzel of Jefferson, Oregon tosses sauteed carrots, red pepper, zucchini and yellow squash with seasonings and dressing for a side dish filled with fresh flavors. “This combination is not only tasty and nutritious, its bright colors give it great eye-appeal,” she says.
- 1 medium carrot, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 large zucchini, cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute carrot and red pepper in butter for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the zucchini, yellow squash and parsley; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the salad dressing, pepper and salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garden Medley in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p61
Reviews for Fresh Garden Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2013
"This was a quick and easy side dish to make. My in-laws love it."
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2008