Fresh Fruit with Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
"This colorful fruit platter always looks beautiful on our Christmas dinner table," writes Mari Day of Suamico, Wisconsin. "The light dressing is a nice complement to the fun assortment of winter fruits—it really lets their natural goodness come through."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Red leaf lettuce
- 2 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Line a platter with lettuce. Arrange fruit over lettuce; drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 191 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC