"This colorful fruit platter always looks beautiful on our Christmas dinner table," writes Mari Day of Suamico, Wisconsin. "The light dressing is a nice complement to the fun assortment of winter fruits—it really lets their natural goodness come through."
Featured In: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Red leaf lettuce
- 2 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Line a platter with lettuce. Arrange fruit over lettuce; drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Fruit with Balsamic Vinaigrette in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p20
Reviews for Fresh Fruit with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review