Fresh Fruit Tart Recipe
So simple and yet so elegant, this pretty tart is sure to impress. Best of all, its versatile ingredients let you serve it using fresh berries one time, and sweet summer fruits the next.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups assorted fresh berries or assorted fresh fruit
- FRUIT GLAZE:
- 2 tablespoons Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup apricot nectar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the flour, cornmeal and lemon juice to form a dough. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Bake at 425° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 2. For filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Spread over cooled crust. Arrange berries or fruit over filling. Refrigerate while preparing glaze.
- 3. For fruit glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, apricot nectar and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Cool; brush over fruit. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC