Fresh Fruit Tart Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups assorted fresh berries or assorted fresh fruit
- FRUIT GLAZE:
- 2 tablespoons Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup apricot nectar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the flour, cornmeal and lemon juice to form a dough. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Bake at 425° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Spread over cooled crust. Arrange berries or fruit over filling. Refrigerate while preparing glaze.
- For fruit glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, apricot nectar and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Cool; brush over fruit. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fresh Fruit Tart(5)
Sort By :
This is wonderful!! The light, lemon flavor with the apricot glaze brought out the sweetness in the fruit. The perfect dessert after a stout meal because it's light and fresh.
Almost every person asked for this recipe! The entire pan was gone in 20 minutes! Would definitely make again!
Very easy and very good. A nice light dessert.
This was easy to make and very impressive to others. My hosts complimented me repeatedly even before we ate it. Then even more, because it was fabulous.
This tart is really easy to make, and it doesn't take too long. It tastes great and goes over well with guests.