Fresh Fruit Soup Recipe
Entertaining is a big part of a military wife's life—my husband was a career Army man—so my soup got much use! It's a great cool-down after Mexican food, but I've also served it with butter cookies at a baby shower. —Jenny Sampson, Layton, Utah
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 1. In a large saucepan, mix orange juice with water according to package directions. Remove 1/2 cup of juice; set aside. Add sugar, cinnamon stick and cloves to saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and reserved orange juice until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in lemon juice.
- 3. Pour into a large bowl; cover and chill. Just before serving, remove the spices and stir in fruit. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 238 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Fruit Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC