Fresh Fruit Soup Recipe
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 1. In a large saucepan, mix orange juice with water according to package directions. Remove 1/2 cup of juice; set aside. Add sugar, cinnamon stick and cloves to saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and reserved orange juice until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in lemon juice.
- 3. Pour into a large bowl; cover and chill. Just before serving, remove the spices and stir in fruit. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 238 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Fresh Fruit Soup
"Thank you for this easy but elegant recipe for "Fresh Fruit Soup". I often give tea parties and serve this pretty chilled soup in a tea cup to my guests. They rant and rave over both the appearance and the flavor and always ask for the recipe. I give it five stars!"