Fresh Fruit Soup
Entertaining is a big part of a military wife's lifemy husband was a career Army manso my soup got much use! It's a great cool-down after Mexican food, but I've also served it with butter cookies at a baby shower.
We're now retired here in the Utah Rockies. Both of our sons are grown.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- In a large saucepan, mix orange juice with water according to package
- directions. Remove 1/2 cup of juice; set aside. Add sugar, cinnamon
- stick and cloves to saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and
- simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved orange juice until smooth; stir into
- pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Pour into a large bowl; cover and chill. Just before serving, remove
- the spices and stir in fruit. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 238 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium,