Fresh Fruit Salsa
This salad has all the bright colors and fresh flavors of summer.— Mary E. Relyea, Canastota, New York.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1 cup diced honeydew
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 large kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup (calculated without tortilla chips) equals 47 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.