Fresh Fruit Salad with Pomegranate
The brightly colored fruits in this salad will perk up your morning. This is such a wonderful & easy dish to make get-togethers.—Laura Brodine, Colorado Springs, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated tangerine peel
- 4 tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 1 large pear, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a small saucepan, combine pomegranate juice and sugar. Bring to a
- boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in tangerine peel;
- cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour pomegranate
- mixture over fruit; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately with a
- slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 126 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.