Fresh Fruit Medley
SWEET, light, versatile and good for you all describe this fruit salad.
Many combinations of fruit can be used. I've even tossed in chopped lettuce or miniature marshmallows to lure the grandkids!
-Patricia Ford, Creve Coeur, Illinois
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced, divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 medium pear, diced
- 1 small apple, diced
- 12 seedless green grapes, halved
- In a large bowl, mash half of the banana slices. Stir in mayonnaise
- and sugar. Add the kiwi, pear, apple, grapes and remaining banana
- slices; toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 144 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.