Fresh Fruit Compote Recipe
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups sliced peeled apples
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 cup sliced peeled pears
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 7 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 1. Cut two 1-in.-long strips from lemon peel. Squeeze juice from lemon. In a large saucepan, combine the water, honey, lemon juice and lemon peel strips. Add the apples, peaches and pears. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until fruit is softened.
- 2. Remove from the heat; discard lemon peel. Using a slotted spoon, transfer fruit to a large bowl; discard poaching liquid. Stir in spreadable fruit, strawberries and grapes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Top each serving with yogurt. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup: 166 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 fruit
Reviews for Fresh Fruit Compote
"Should have been: "When do I put ....""
"So when do I out the fruit into the saucepan? Before boil or after??"