Fresh Fruit Cobbler Recipe
- 5 to 6 cups chopped fresh fruit (apples, rhubarb, blueberries or peaches)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1. Arrange fruit evenly in the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. greased baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk. Spoon over fruit. Combine sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle over batter. Pour water over all. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until fruit is tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 each: 204 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Fresh Fruit Cobbler
"I followed the recipe and used frozen blueberries and fresh peach chunks - my BBQ party guests loved it! This will be my summer cobbler recipe for all of this summer's fruits. Thanks for sharing it!!!"
"Made this for company. I wasn't sure of the recipe because never heard of pouring hot water over a crust before you bake it. It never got brown and even tasted raw yet the fruit was cooked. I even had someone say it looked disgusting and they wouldn't eat it. How embarrassing!!! It didn't taste bad after you added a lot of whipped cream but the raw taste did come through. I shredded this recipe!!"
"Excellent--one of the best cobbler recipes I've tried."
"very good, I made it with fresh peaches and we loved it!!"
"This is one of the best fruit desserts I've ever made!"