Fresh Fruit Cobbler Recipe
I received this recipe years ago. It's a family favorite, especially when Maine blueberries are in season. What a treat to eat on a hot summer day!
- 5 to 6 cups chopped fresh fruit (apples, rhubarb, blueberries or peaches)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1. Arrange fruit evenly in the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. greased baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk. Spoon over fruit. Combine sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle over batter. Pour water over all. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until fruit is tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC