Fresh Fruit Cobbler Recipe
- 5 to 6 cups chopped fresh fruit (apples, rhubarb, blueberries or peaches)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1. Arrange fruit evenly in the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. greased baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk. Spoon over fruit. Combine sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle over batter. Pour water over all. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until fruit is tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 each: 204 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Fresh Fruit Cobbler
"I followed the recipe and used frozen blueberries and fresh peach chunks - my BBQ party guests loved it! This will be my summer cobbler recipe for all of this summer's fruits. Thanks for sharing it!!!"
"Made this for company. I wasn't sure of the recipe because never heard of pouring hot water over a crust before you bake it. It never got brown and even tasted raw yet the fruit was cooked. I even had someone say it looked disgusting and they wouldn't eat it. How embarrassing!!! It didn't taste bad after you added a lot of whipped cream but the raw taste did come through. I shredded this recipe!!"
"Excellent--one of the best cobbler recipes I've tried."
"very good, I made it with fresh peaches and we loved it!!"
"This is one of the best fruit desserts I've ever made!"