Fresh Fruit/Cheese Pie Recipe
Not only is this pie deliciousit's one even dieters can enjoy without worry. I seldom bake my cheese pie the same way twice. Often, I substitute wheat germ or granola for the coconut flakes...and the naturally fruity main ingredients fluctuate with whatever's hanging heavy on backyard branches!
- 1 cup Diamond of California Shelled Walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh fruit (peaches, nectarines, strawberries, raspberries, banana, kiwifruit, blueberries or pineapple)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- In a small bowl, combine the nuts, flour, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Press into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- Cut fruit(s) of choice into bite-size pieces; layer on crust. In blender, cover and process yogurt and cottage cheese until smooth; add pineapple and blend until mixture reaches desired consistency. Pour mixture over fruit. Sprinkle with coconut. Chill several hours before serving. Decorate with any combination of fruit slices. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Fruit/Cheese Pie in Country Woman May/June 1990, p33
Reviews for Fresh Fruit/Cheese Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Crust Recipes >