Fresh Fruit Bowl Recipe
"THE CROWINING GLORY of my aunt's breakfast table was this delightful bowl of fresh fruit. The glorious colors provided the perfect accent to her antique dishes and white linen tablecloth. Bite-sized pieces of melon were prepared the night before, slightly sweetened with corn syrup, and chilled in the icebox. The other fruits were added just prior to serving, making this dish a light, colorful complement to our breakfast."
- 8 to 10 cups fresh melon cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 oranges, sectioned
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine melon cubes and corn syrup. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, stir in remaining fruit. Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired. Yield: 3-4 quarts.
3/4 cup equals 55 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC