The glorious colors used here make this a great summer salad. Slightly sweet and chilled, it makes a nice accompaniment to a grilled entree. —Marlon Kirst, Troy, Michigan
Featured In: 30 Recipes for Summer Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 to 10 cups fresh melon cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 oranges, sectioned
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine melon cubes and corn syrup. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, stir in remaining fruit. Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired. Yield: 3-4 quarts.
Originally published as Fresh Fruit Bowl in Reminisce March/April 1992, p33
Reviews forFresh Fruit Bowl
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 8, 2016
"I omit the corn syrup and use honey, agave or just fruit juice. Delicious!"
Reviewed May. 16, 2009
"Wonderfully fresh and tasty addition to any meal."