"THE CROWINING GLORY of my aunt's breakfast table was this delightful bowl of fresh fruit. The glorious colors provided the perfect accent to her antique dishes and white linen tablecloth. Bite-sized pieces of melon were prepared the night before, slightly sweetened with corn syrup, and chilled in the icebox. The other fruits were added just prior to serving, making this dish a light, colorful complement to our breakfast."
- 8 to 10 cups fresh melon cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 oranges, sectioned
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine melon cubes and corn syrup. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, stir in remaining fruit. Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired. Yield: 3-4 quarts.
Originally published as Fresh Fruit Bowl in Reminisce March/April 1992, p33
Reviews for Fresh Fruit Bowl
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 16, 2009
"Wonderfully fresh and tasty addition to any meal."