Fresh Floret Salad
Mary Tallman of Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin shares this crisp vegetable salad. Her dressing blends refreshing lemon flavor with hearty Italian seasonings.
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 3 tablespoons sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl,
- whisk the salad dressing, yogurt, dressing mix and lemon juice. Pour
- over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4
- hours or overnight. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 229 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 1,151 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.