Fresh Cranberry Punch
One of the best things about holiday cooking is the aromas that drift through the whole house! To me, it wouldn't be Christmas without the tang of oranges, cinnamon and cloves in the air-just what you'll smell as this fresh cranberry punch is simmering.
To get the brightest red color in your punch, be sure to pick out the reddest of the fresh berries as you clean them.
25 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3-1/2 quarts water
- 12 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups sugar
- In Dutch oven or large kettle, combine cranberries, water, cloves and
- cinnamon. Bring to boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 12-15
- minutes. Strain cooked juice through fine sieve or cheese cloth,
- squeezing gently.
- To strained juice, add orange juice, lemon juice and sugar; stir
- until sugar is dissolved. Serve hot. Yield: 25 1/2-cup servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 74 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.