Fresh Cranberry Punch Recipe
One of the best things about holiday cooking is the aromas that drift through the whole house! To me, it wouldn't be Christmas without the tang of oranges, cinnamon and cloves in the air-just what you'll smell as this fresh cranberry punch is simmering. To get the brightest red color in your punch, be sure to pick out the reddest of the fresh berries as you clean them.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3-1/2 quarts water
- 12 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups sugar
- In Dutch oven or large kettle, combine cranberries, water, cloves and cinnamon. Bring to boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 12-15 minutes. Strain cooked juice through fine sieve or cheese cloth, squeezing gently.
- To strained juice, add orange juice, lemon juice and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Serve hot. Yield: 25 1/2-cup servings.
Originally published as Fresh Cranberry Punch in Country December/January 1990, p47
Reviews for Fresh Cranberry Punch(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beverages >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Juice Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Hot Beverages >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >