- 8 ears fresh corn, husked and cleaned
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook corn in enough boiling water to cover for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain, cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, sugar, salt if desired, basil and cayenne pepper. Cut cooled corn off the cob (should measure 4 cups).
- Add the corn, tomatoes, onion and peppers to the oil mixture. Mix well. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Corn Salad
Sort By :
"Nice and fresh. I used real basil and less dressing."
"A favorite at home as well as at work pot lucks."
"I took this to a church gathering and I did not take any home. Everyone asked for the recipe."
"Excellent! A couple people asked me for the recipe."
"Delicious...a big hit at the cookouts."