Fresh Corn Salad Recipe
People who prefer food with some tang find this corn salad particularly appealing. It's a pretty dish besidesand very economical. If you're like me and enjoy growing your own ingredients, you won't have to pick up much at the store.
- 8 ears fresh corn, husked and cleaned
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook corn in enough boiling water to cover for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain, cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, sugar, salt if desired, basil and cayenne pepper. Cut cooled corn off the cob (should measure 4 cups).
- Add the corn, tomatoes, onion and peppers to the oil mixture. Mix well. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Corn Salad in Country Woman July/August 1993, p29
Reviews for Fresh Corn Salad(4)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2011
A favorite at home as well as at work pot lucks.
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2010
I took this to a church gathering and I did not take any home. Everyone asked for the recipe.
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2009
Excellent! A couple people asked me for the recipe.
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2008
Delicious...a big hit at the cookouts.
More Recipe Collections
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Salads >
- Sweet Corn Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >