Fresh Corn Medley Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups fresh corn (about 9 ears of corn)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add the corn, water, pimientos, honey, salt and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until corn is tender. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup equals 263 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 711 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Corn Medley
"This is a delicious side dish! I loved it!"
"Very Good! I substituted can corn for fresh/frozen and imitation bacon bits, just to save time. Will make again ~ beats plain corn any day!"
"I'm not a pepper lover but they tasted very good in this dish!"
"I have prepared many times. I am consistently asked for the recipe."
"Great flavor! I substituted red bell pepper for the pimento and added it to the saute pan with the green pepper and onion. I had three ears of corn on hand, and I found that each ear made about one cup, so I would say that to make a full batch, you'd need at most five ears of corn, not nine. I've been experimenting with different seasonings and spreads for corn this summer and between this recipe and one I tried for cilantro-lime butter, my husband says he's not sure he'll ever be able to eat a regular piece of corn again!"