Your family will be sweet on this summery side dish that combines corn "off" the cob with green pepper, bacon, cheddar cheese and honey. It's just as delightful with frozen corn. —Susan Paden Mexico, Missouri
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups fresh corn (about 9 ears of corn)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add the corn, water, pimientos, honey, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until corn is tender. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Corn Medley in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p39
Reviews for Fresh Corn Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review