- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding corn during the last 8 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir until tender.
- Drain pasta and corn; transfer pasta to a large bowl. Cool corn slightly; cut corn from cob and add to pasta. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, remaining oil and pepper mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Corn & Tomato Fettuccine
Sort By :
I LOVE this. I love it even more as a cold summer salad. It's so delicious both hot and cold though. When I do a cold pasta salad, I use either multi colored or whole wheat shells instead of the fettucine. Another suggestion I'd make is to grill the corn or roast it in the oven. It gives it another flavor that's just awesome, especially in the summer months. LOVE it!
This was great!
This was very simple and good, but I think it would be even better with garlic. Without meat, as written, would make a good lunch. For dinner in our family, it may be a better side or a main dish with chicken added to it. I would probably toss in more bell pepper (different color) and some zucchini, too.
I made this twice in two weeks, and my husband and I both loved it. I went to our farmers market and found a vendor selling his corn $1 per dozen. I bought two dozen, and had another dozen in the fridge from a neighbor. I cut all of it off, made the sauce as directed and froze it in quart size bags. Now I have about 5 quarts of sauce ready to go for an easy weeknight meal.
My husband and I really loved this dish-One problem for us is that he doesn't like fish etc. I think this is a great recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Sweet Corn Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >