- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding corn during the last 8 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir until tender.
- Drain pasta and corn; transfer pasta to a large bowl. Cool corn slightly; cut corn from cob and add to pasta. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, remaining oil and the pepper mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Corn & Tomato Fettuccine
"Very nice recipe !."
"Really good fresh, light tasting dish. I made no changes and an hour after dinner my husband is still saying how good it was. All the flavors go so well together. Hubby says he wants it at least once a week."
"Really tasty! I used penne pasta, since I didn't have fettuccine, and added some fresh basil because I have so much. Quite sure it would be great just as written! Will definitely make again!"
"Wonderful! Beautiful colors and fantastic flavors."
"This is a fantastic recipe. I will definitely be making it again. It's the perfect combination of light, but flavorful."
"Delicious. I used goat cheese instead of the feta cheese. Very flavorful.Thank you Angela for this tasty recipe."
"Love it! So good. Added chicken to make it a one dish meal. Second time, Shrimp. This is a phenomenal dish! Even took the recipe to my farmer's market corn provider so she and he could enjoy it!"
"I LOVE this. I love it even more as a cold summer salad. It's so delicious both hot and cold though. When I do a cold pasta salad, I use either multi colored or whole wheat shells instead of the fettucine. Another suggestion I'd make is to grill the corn or roast it in the oven. It gives it another flavor that's just awesome, especially in the summer months. LOVE it!"