Fresh Corn & Tomato Fettuccine Recipe
Whole wheat pasta tossed with tomatoes, corn, red peppers, green onions and a little feta is a sure-fire winner. —Angela Spengler, Clovis, New Mexico
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding corn during the last 8 minutes of cooking.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir until tender.
- 3. Drain pasta and corn; transfer pasta to a large bowl. Cool corn slightly; cut corn from cob and add to pasta. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, remaining oil and the pepper mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cups equals 422 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC