Fresh Corn & Tomato Fettuccine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding corn during the last 8 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir until tender.
- Drain pasta and corn; transfer pasta to a large bowl. Cool corn slightly; cut corn from cob and add to pasta. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, remaining oil and pepper mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Corn & Tomato Fettuccine(13)
Sort By :
This was great!
This was very simple and good, but I think it would be even better with garlic. Without meat, as written, would make a good lunch. For dinner in our family, it may be a better side or a main dish with chicken added to it. I would probably toss in more bell pepper (different color) and some zucchini, too.
I made this twice in two weeks, and my husband and I both loved it. I went to our farmers market and found a vendor selling his corn $1 per dozen. I bought two dozen, and had another dozen in the fridge from a neighbor. I cut all of it off, made the sauce as directed and froze it in quart size bags. Now I have about 5 quarts of sauce ready to go for an easy weeknight meal.
My husband and I really loved this dish-One problem for us is that he doesn't like fish etc. I think this is a great recipe!
Tastes like summer! I used cherry tomatoes, hatch chiles instead of red peppers and added fresh oregano & basil from my yard. Next time I will reserve a little pasta water to stir in to make it a little 'saucier' but a great compilation of tastes!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Corn Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Pasta Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Tomato Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Vegetarian Recipes >
- Sweet Corn Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >