Fresh Corn & Arugula Salad Recipe
This fresh-tasting salad is known as Aunt Pammy's salad in my family. It's so colorful that it will take center stage. — Pamela Damm, South Beloit, Illinois
- BASIL VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients until blended.
- 2. Brush corn with oil; grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 8-10 minutes or until corn is crisp-tender and browned, turning occasionally. When cool enough to handle, cut corn off cobs and place in a large bowl.
- 3. Add arugula, tomatoes and pecans to corn. Drizzle with half of the vinaigrette; toss to coat. Top with cheese; serve immediately. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinaigrette for later use. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 171 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC