Fresh Coconut Pound Cake Recipe
Coconut is one of my favorite flavors. I love to include it in a lot of my baking. This pound cake will be sure to please.—Bonnie Zeigler, Rincon, Georgia
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup shredded fresh coconut
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the extracts. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Stir in the coconut. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine icing ingredients in large bowl. Beat on high speed until fluffy. Frost top and sides of cake. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 584 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 87 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC