Fresh Chilled Strawberry Soup
From Penticton, British Columbia, Alice Butcher writes, "After a day outdoors, my husband and I find that there's nothing more refreshing than a bowl of this chilled soup."
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine or white grape juice
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients; cover and process
- for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Refrigerate until
- chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 109 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.